Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Death in the family

Recently a family member passed away.  It has brought up many a question for me.

1.  Why is this person now considered 'PERFECT'?

 I mean the person in question was a decent human for many years.  She had faults but some how death erased all of them. It boggles my mind that events are now changed in how they happened to fit this new idea that she never did wrong. She became greedy and bitter toward the end but no one remembers it now that she is gone. Death should not change facts of how you treated family at any given time in ones life. 

2.  Why do people get bitter later in life?

This has happened to several people I know.  They seem happy then one day BOOM they hate the world and want to screw everyone who is still happy.  I guess when you tell so many lies (as the person in question) it is hard to remember the truth.  It must all get so mixed up - so maybe that is why they are bitter, no one really got to meet the true person and now time is running out.  They made their own choices and decided how to handle their own life so why be so bitter.  Life is what we choose to make it and our attitudes toward events in it.  So there it is.

3.  Why do others choose to pick up past quarrels and continue to attack family for wrongs that should have been gone once one of the parties where gone?

Can't we all just get along?!  I mean really why be so pig headed.  Point in fact the remaining person in this particular situation has dropped it.  They just want to grieve the loss of a family member and go on with life...but they have been shunned instead.  Mean things said on both sides...I just don't get why others are now involved and continuing a fight which has nothing to do with them.  It was nothing personal just business transactions gone wrong so it should not include family not involved with the business.

4.  Will this happen when I die?

Will I become a saint in the eyes of the family?  I sure as heck hope NOT!  I live my life as I choose and am happy being brutally honest.  It might not make me friends in the family, but the truth has to be spoken or it is forgotten. I want people to remember me as I was, not what they want me to be or just for the good.  It is the whole of my life that made me not just the sunny days. 

Oh there are so many more questions but these are the top ones. When I pass on hopefully some one has the guts to say the truth.  Having a PhD in bitchology (the art of pissing people off by telling the truth) may not be my greatest life achievement but is still part of what makes me, ME; so why not remember it and celebrate my life after I am gone with the good and the bad!  Because that is what will make up my whimsical life.  BLESSINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment